Norton Internet Security was ranked as one of the most accurate programs in the latest Dennis Technology Labs report. Go anywhere online. Safely.
Symantec has moved Norton 360 to the same release schedule as Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus, making them into a three-tiered strategy for consumer security. Norton AntiVirus is the entry-level product, with Norton Internet Security occupying the middle rung and Norton 360 aimed at people who want the most bang for the most buck.
Notoriously slow to respond to trends, the consumer security field is surprisingly not taking Windows 8 lying down. Norton and many of its competitors are optimizing their suites for Microsoft’s new operating system ahead of its release, and Norton is combining that strategy with efforts to protect you on social networks, protection against scams and other social engineering attacks, and a bolstered firewall. Complete peace of mind for where you go and what you do online.
- Keeps you safe when you surf, shop and bank online
- Warns you about social media scams and suspicious content
- Stops both today’s and tomorrow’s threats
- Blocks infected and dangerous downloads
- Reduces PC startup time and boosts performance
- The effectiveness of free and paid-for anti-malware security suites varies widely.
- Blocking malicious sites based on reputation is an effective approach.
- Some anti-malware programs are too harsh when evaluating legitimate software.